ENGLISH COURSE VACANCIES WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON www.ucas.com on Thursday 15 August 2019
Clearing is a UCAS service that helps people without a university/college place to find suitable vacancies on higher education courses that still have vacancies.
WHO CAN USE CLEARING?
You can use Clearing, if:
• You hold no offers and you have not withdrawn your application
• Your offers have not been confirmed because you have not met the conditions
• you have declined all your offers
• you applied through UCAS after 30 June 2019
If you are eligible for Clearing, you will be able to see this (and your Clearing No.) on your UCAS Track Account.
HOW DOES CLEARING WORK?
The Clearing process helps to place students who did not secure a place, where there are still vacancies. You will need to be available in person to deal with this process and make decisions. Plan to be somewhere where you have Internet and telephone access when course vacancies are announced (15 August). In Clearing, you can only apply for any course that has published vacancies. You don’t need to keep to the same degree course which you first applied for.
The UCAS website (www.ucas.com) is the easiest, most up-to-date and reliable source of this information as to what vacancies exist. This service will go live on 16 August.
What to do on Clearing day:
1. Check on www.ucas.com the lists of vacancies for courses that interest you
2. Call that university on its clearing hotline (found on www.ucas.com)
3. Ask if it will accept you based on your qualifications you will give them. You should do this yourself because Admissions will want to speak to you personally.
4. Make a list of responses you receive during these phone conversations (“yes”, “no”, “call back later”, “send an email” etc.) and take down the name of the person you spoke to for any follow-up enquiries.
5. Contact me on 15 August to help you with your choice (Tel no: 210-3640503 or my mobile:6977-667723)
6. From the above list, choose the University you would be happier attending and enter the University Code as well as the Course Code on your UCAS Track account. This can be done from 15:00 (UK time) on 15 August.
IMPORTANT: ONLY ENTER ON TRACK A UNIVERSITY AND COURSE FOR WHICH THE PERSON YOU SPOKE WITH ON THE PHONE SAID THAT THEY HAVE A PLACE FOR YOU!
HOW DO I KNOW IF I’VE GOT THE PLACE THROUGH CLEARING
The term “Clearing Accept” will appear next to the University name on your UCAS Track Account within the next one-two days of inserting your Clearing choice. If not, call the University again to confirm that they will be doing it soon.
Once your place is confirmed on UCAS Track, begin accommodation procedures for this University immediately!
If you have taken out a Tuition Fee Loan, complete the Change of Circumstance Form (attached), so that the loan money is directed from your original university choice to your Clearing choice institution.